Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tea Lotus

A young trainee prepares teas for tasting at our headquarters. For tea tasting, we finally started using this special ceramic bowl to hold the dry teas leaves instead of laying them out on plain sheets of paper as is done in Darjeeling.

We imported this concept from Japan after observing our Japanese friends. What is this ceramic bowl called in Chinese or Japanese? My Taiwanese friend who sourced it for me calls it Tea Lotus. I wonder what it is actually called in the tea industry. It is a long, long journey before we even begin to understand the tea culture of East Asia, let alone catch up.

1 comment:

  1. We call this boul `chaka`茶荷.

    We use at tea party or tea class for look tea leaves.