Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fujisan tea

While moving at approximately 250 km per hour it is always difficult to get a good photograph of Fuji-san 富士山 (Mt Fuji) in the background and with tea gardens in the foreground. 
 
I have travelled many times between Tokyo and Nagoya, Kyoto and beyond on the world's busiest high speed train system, the Tokaido Shinkansen.  Each time I have tried to get a perfect shot at Fuji-san. Each time the train was faster than my shutter release!
 
In April 2012 I got a chance to go to Shizuoka to meet some tea folks. I was hoping for a good sunny day with blue skies. I dreamt of taking nice photographs of Fuji-san in the background and tea gardens in the foreground. Alas! It was not meant to be. As can be seen from the photograph it was a cold, damp and gloomy day.
 
Fortunately just before Shizuoka I got this shot. It is not a very good photograph but till next time it will have to do!
 
Image: Fuji san and tea gardens near Shizuoka. April 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment